HIT COUNTER

Welcome


This is Goshen von der Salzmarsch. I changed his name to Hessian (pronounced Heshen). He is a Deutsch Drahthaar, a german hunting breed. Versatile meaning he will hunt anything! Upland game,furred game,waterfowl,also bloodtracking and retrieving.I purchased him through a breeder von der Salzmarsch who is registered with the VDD, a german breeding organization based here in the U.S. This club does alot of testing and showing of the dogs to keep the breed standard. If you do not test the dog it can not be bred within the club.
 I was looking for a hunting dog and when i found out about this breed and what it can do i was all over it. Little did i know how much work it would be but worth every bit. I really had not planned on testing but after watching one my mind quickly changed. The testing system has helped me already with a kinda time line, without the tests and nothing to look forward to but hunting season i find myself wondering if i would put forth as much effort in training if it was just a hunting dog. It has helped me progress as a handler and trainer. Now keep in mind this was my first ever time training or owning a hunting dog let alone dog. I had a mutt when i was younger but never really trained it anything just fed it, played with it, and it stayed in the backyard. So this was a whole new world. As time went on with alot of help from Members of the VDD and internet sites and books we have come long way. Now a good searcher, loves tracking rabbits,pointing birds, chasing and all around hunting we are preparing for his first test this spring. The VJP.

No comments:

Post a Comment