HIT COUNTER

Force Fetch





Force Fetch has begun, I thought it would be a bit rougher but so far so good! I have read up on the subject pretty well and have watched a few dvd's and even saw it done for a minute. So the training hat is on, I am remaining calm and Hessian seems willing to learn and surely wise enough to catch on fast. More info and pics to come.
 Force Fetch officially started on May 1st, I started with physically placing the bumper which is a paint roller to start in Hessians mouth all went well without a struggle he accepted the roller.
 I have been doing multiple 10 to 15 minute sessions throughout the day, I think we are both catching on fast. After he was holding the roller well i began the fetch work. I am not using a table only because i did not want to regress when we went to the ground. We worked our way into the ear pinch and commanding "fetch" right in front of his face with the roller and a bumper. All went fairly well, we had our struggles but once he figured out how to stop the ear pinch by grabbing the bumper i knew we were on our way!
 I worked our way up to fetching the bumper from about 6 feet me still holding in the air, but having to tell Hessian to "wait", because he started lunging at the bumper before commanded to fetch kind of a self reward. So he would wait and fetch when told to. At this time it has been about 8 days and he is holding it well and long, i can smack the bumper, grab and shake the bumper walk away and around him and he will hold until told to "give". We are even walking around a bit. Think it is going well.
 It has been 2 weeks to the day since i started this adventure and Hessian is Fetching from the ground! Up to 8 feet away now, he will fetch either the bumper or the roller that I set out for him and with huge desire! He really wants that bumper! I still have to remind him to "wait" sometimes but that drive is insane. He is holding great we are walking more with it, he carries it proud, and for a long time. We started with the ecollar method a few days ago and what a relief that is going better, we had a few struggles but we have worked that out and are on our way I think. 
 I have been trying t do it in different areas too so he doesn't get used to doing it all in one place. These are some pics i took in a field we frequent just to show him holding and me taking and the beginning of the ground work. Hopefully i will have some more pics and possibly video this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment