HIT COUNTER

Wild West Chapter Meeting.
















Good times up Logan Canyon for the Wild West Chapter Meeting. The meeting was held in a nice area, with river nearby and lots of wide open country to roam and train. We arrived Friday afternoon to a few trucks, trailers and smiling faces. Not to mention a few Drahts! Most of the camp was out working on the VGP essentials that day and from the sounds of it were pretty satisfied with the overall outlook of how it turned out. A lot of chit chat and “dog talk” went on and I was able to purchase a few T shirts with a VDD-GNA WILD WEST CHAPTER logo! They will soon be available on the upcoming chapter website and I can link you there soon. For now these are available by contacting me and I can steer you in the right direction or give you price info etc. After shopping I went with Mike and Scott to lay a blood track for Scott’s dog Gracie, who passed her VGP last year with an exceptional performance and mothered a litter of fine looking pups! There are some pictures of those pups included in this post. Thanks to Gil and John we had a fantastic Dutch oven feast with chicken and potatoes and all the fixins’. Even had some tasty peach, apple, and cherry chocolate (I think) cobblers. Then it was meeting time. We discussed last years meeting and where we have come from there. Planned out some dates for tests and breed shows, discussed the new chapter merchandise and plans for more. We talked about the upcoming Armbruster and how we can help out. I am exciting to be planning on attending as a spectator and volunteer any way I can. I encourage anyone who can, to get involved and see what it’s all about. It was time to elect new Chapter Board members; Shane and Phil had been doing it a long time and were ready to pass the torch. Paul Trout is the new Chairman, and I the new Business Manager. Cal Bambrough maintains Breed Warden and Jason Wilde Vice Chairman. I look forward to working with these guys and learning alot from them.Congrats guys! There was quite a bit that was discussed that evening but I have been sworn to secrecy by an ancient German code and must remain silent! : ) Some gathered together to talk and mingle more, others sat back and enjoyed a late Mountain Matinee of the film “Taken”. Some of us, knowing we would have an early and long day ahead, hit the tent for a slumber. The next morning, we woke up early and headed out to the VGP testing site to run through some forest work. We worked on blood tracking of course, fox in the box, and drive hunt. Went back and was treated to a great breakfast thanks to Gil and John once again. Dogs were evaluated on the coat and confirmation to prepare for the Armbruster. Some went to the nearby pond and worked on water retrieves. Always fun for the pooch on a hot day. We went back up to the hills to put our dogs on track. Matt and Chad did theirs, and all seemed to go well. Mike had laid a track for me, so this was my first blind track! I had know idea where it was or went……I had to actually trust my dog to get me to the end with no help from me? ! Oh no! Put Hessian on the track and off we went. Mike trailed behind for fun and Hessian led us through the forest. Along the way I was able to actually spot blood. Something that is hard to find when you know it should be there, but easier to find when you trust your dog! Made it to the end, all on the dog. Imagine that! Mike said we followed the track along just fine. I felt real good walking away from that one! That was the end of that. Camp was packed up and the only destination now was home. The rest of the crew headed down to the HZP testing area to evaluate the dogs for the Armbruster, and then home from there. Thanks guys for helping out with the training. Great job to everyone involved in planning and attending the meeting! Can’t wait till next year. I should stop now, this is a long winded post! Enjoy the puppy pics.
By the way, the stickers are here! Waiting on shirts still.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blood tracking. Sounds like you and Hessian will do well in VGP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. I've let my VDD-GNA membership expire, maybe it's time to get involved again.

    ReplyDelete