HIT COUNTER

Training with the Breed Warden

Last night I took a drive on out to Hooper and met up with Lynn Whiteley of von der Salzmarsch
Who also is the Breed Warden for the VDD. He too is preparing his dog Giza for the HZP. It was nice to get together and have him show me a few pointers and tips from an old school perspective.
We worked with both dogs on some Search behind the duck, and some drags. Everything went well I learned a few thing i need to work on but also exactly how to work on them.
I need to concentrate more on some drag work and a few more live duck searches. Hessian's live duck search went well except i need to keep him from hanging around on my side of the water and get him to go to the other side to search. His drag tracking needs some work. He followed the drag well but marked the drag object several times deciding instead of fetching it up he would search around some more. I need to get on him for not being near enough afraid of coming back to me with nothing. Easy stuff to work on so i know what i will be doing this week.
Thanks Lynn for all your help you have no idea how much it opened my eyes.
To all interested planning on going out this weekend for some training. I will let everyone know via email but just a heads up.
Also added Lynn's and Giza's pictures to both slideshows take a look.

2 comments:

  1. Addicted I am! great blog. could not think of a more suitable name! i sent you info and a picture i want some stickers. Info is great don't stop i look on here everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don’t get the drag thing down I have a couple of emergency tactics we can try. I didn’t need them (my problems were with holding point) but I watched the people who taught me and they worked well.
    Have you had my duck jerky?
    I don’t want to brag but… it freaking rocks! It’s the only way to eat nasty ducks.

    You can barely taste the mud!

    ReplyDelete