HIT COUNTER

Duck Hunt Opener 2009






So upset i missed the actual opening morning as i had to work that day, I suppose we all know that pain, but life goes on!
Made it out on Sunday for what was my duck opener. Went out to the Mac's duck club and what a time we had!
First i must say i have never shot so much on a duck hunt! That was real. There were so many ducks around i had to play like a statue most the time to keep from scaring them away. I must not be very good at staying still cuz they saw me or the dog move a few times and changed their flight path. Hunted out of a sink box style blind for my first time. That was interesting. A little,maybe 5x5 concrete bunker permanently built into the swamp that sits about 10 inches above the water. Talk about weird. Out in the middle of the water, waiting, dog laying on top with a camo hoodie draped over him. Even Hessian didn't know what to think.
That was the morning hunt. Then it was time for lunch and cocktails at the local bar. Yes there is a bar nearby, duh. Ha good times good food, got warm and dry and headed back to the club. Rested up another hour or so and hit it again. This time in an above water blind. More good times, just not so great shooting. Man i need some practice on ducks. Either trying to shoot too far out of range, or not leading them enough. Either way i need practice.....
All in all Hessian did well. We need to hunt like this more so he can get the hang of it. Had a few hang ups in the retrieves through decoys but we worked it out. I think he enjoyed it, I know i did.
Thanks Mac, I had a BLAST!
Now it is off to Wyoming for the Armbruster. Going to watch some Drahthaars in action from all over the country and meet some Germans. In the meantime doing some hunting in Nebraska!!
Ya Nebraska!
Next post will be full of Armbruster and Nebraska!

1 comment:

  1. Chazz,

    Great pictures. Love the dog. I read your post and was wondering what duck club you went to? I'm also in West Jordan and want to get back into hunting with my father and what to try and find a private hunting club to join. Any help would be great. Please send email to tpico2@yahoo.com.

    Thanks
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete