HIT COUNTER

Fetch Progression

It has been about two weeks now and Fetch is moving right along. We have gotten to the point where this is fun now. No longer is he returning with the object head down, ears back, reluctant to hold. No longer have to constantly urge him right back to me. Hessian is officially waiting for my command and going to the object, fetching the object, holding it, returning to me promptly and sitting in front of me to present! The fetches are getting farther and farther, and we are moving to different areas daily now working with new areas and more distractions. I am currently using different objects...bumpers, bumpers with feathers and fur, thick wood stick, metal pipe, dumbbell, fox tail, frozen and thawed ducks, chuckars, pheasants and rabbits. Went for a hike up Millcreek a couple days ago and was able to work on fetch in a natural environment with birds flying around chirping, creek running and other dogs and people ever so often walking past. I worked on different bumpers and the fox tail.Was able to have him do a few fetches that crossed the creek, a few that crossed a fallen tree and with the cover he actually had to look for it instead of being able to see it and upon finding fetched up and returned promptly and proud. I went to the park last night and made a great 10 minute video that shows exactly where we are at from Hold to Fetch from hand, Fetch from ground, Fetch from farther and return promptly, and waiting until commanded to fetch far away object. i am having a problem getting the video off my camera and on to my computer. Hopefully i can get that up soon.
 I will continue what i have worked on so far and focus on the next steps which I believe will be Fetch/No Fetch and then piles and water work. After that its on to test preparation. Good Luck Trainers, will be more to come soon. Hopefully vids and/or pics.

1 comment:

  1. Great posts! you are very informative with your details.
    Great looking dog. Would really like to see more on your fetch training. Thanks for the stickers!

    ReplyDelete