HIT COUNTER

VDD WILD WEST CHAPTER MEETING


 This meeting was held on July 18th at a nice little camping spot in Logan Canyon. The Pre Test Evaluation was held on July 19th in Mendon at the same place the HZP tests have taken place.
  I met up with my training buddy Zac, packed up the ugly dog and headed out to Logan. Anxious to get there and see what my first Chapter meeting was going to be like, to learn even more about the breed and just sit around and talk dogs with everyone else.
 As we arrived in Logan Canyon I realized more time needed to be spent out there it has been a long time since i've been there and it really is a spectacular area. We arrived a little before the meeting and were able to just chat with all the regulars. A fairly good showing with the Vernal Crew, the Northern Crew, Idaho, Arizona, California and I suppose Zac and I would be the S.L. Valley guys. So excited to see everyone and once again join in the camaraderie that these dogs bring our way.
 It was a nice little camp spot with open area and the river that ran by. Pretty Cool. Talked about ways to help raise money for the chapter, fund raisers and finally some talk about stickers, hats, shirts and sweatshirts which I personally can not wait for, I am always all about the swag and representing my addiction and affiliation with these dogs.
 Discussed was the 2009 Armbruster in Cheyenne and 2010 Armbruster in Boise, in which from my understanding our chapter would host! So exciting! Also discussed was getting some people in charge of scheduling training days. Something I am really excited about, I have always wanted to do some training days with other DD owners.
 Other things discussed were, maybe a Snake Awareness Seminar, changing up our current officials, percentages of Braun to Shwarz litters, percentage of Performance Bred Litters and breeders roles in new pup owners lives.
 Next day was the evaluation of dogs for the Armbruster/Hegewald tests. This is just where they evaluate the dogs for gun sensitivity in water and that the dog will freely enter the water and search. All in all it seemed to go well although we showed up towards the end we were able to see one dog run through it. After that it was once again a chat fest, talking to breeders, trainers, handlers and soon to be handlers like Jim B. Good to see ya there Jim, maybe next time I see you, you will have your DD! Thanks again everyone for the info, experience and plain old hanging out. See you guys soon! Expect me spectating the VGP and handling Hessian in the HZP. Good luck to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment