HIT COUNTER

Walking Fetch/ No Fetch

I tried really hard to get the video to work but i just  can't figure it out. Sorry everyone.
 In the meantime I have been working hard on trying to continue the training so I can finally go do some field work. At least i can proudly say that I am out of the backyard for good. I need to do the rest of my training in alot larger scale now. Hessian is great at fetching anything i put out there, problem is it just isn't far enough. Did some training at the park last night and that is really where the retrieves only as far as i could toss the bumper showed its ugliness. We did work through it quite smoothly though. 
 I had made him sit and wait as i walked ahead of him about 50 yards and then tossed the bumper from that spot, returned to Hessian and released him with a "fetch", he took off in the direction of the bumper but about 50 yards out he started looking for it, upon not finding it gave up and returned to me. Not good. I shouted "Bad Dog!!", Hessian hits the ground into a Platz I give him stimuli with the e collar, grab his collar told him again "fetch" and took him towards the bumper, as we approached the bumper and he saw it I let him go and he was on it. Fetched it up, stimuli off and a great presentation. Good Dog! So on the next one same thing  he returned to me with no bumper I shouted Bad Dog again, stimulation with e collar and cast him in the direction with "Fetch" and to my surprise off he went all the way out, found it and returned proudly with it. We worked on it a little more but he knew the deal and did great on every retrieve.
 I have also been working on Walking Fetch and No Fetch for the past couple days and that has gone very well. He can walk and fetch up every bumper on my command and still not even sniff it when i haven't. He has gotten real good at this even after only a few short sessions.
 I need to work on the long distance fetches and move on to some Force to Pile next. I will try to get with someone this weekend and see if i can get some video or even pics posted up for a visual.
 I appreciate everyone that has requested stickers and left comments. Thanks for checking out the site for updates and such. Thanks to all that have sent pics in for the slideshow. Hope training is going well for everyone. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment